The City of Crochet

Crocheting...an escape from everyday life in Europe as I face the perils of yarn shopping in a foreign country and dealing with all of the crazy looks I get for crocheting & knitting on the public transportation system.

[100 Things] [Places to Visit] Check out our Frappr!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Farewell Grandmere

My wonderful and beautiful Grandmother passed on yesterday, February 21st during the wee hours of the morning. I spent her last day next to her bed holding her hand and telling her how much I loved her after I flew in late on Tuesday. I am so glad that I was able to fly over and be here with my family as being in Belgium would have torn me in two.

She fought long and hard her whole life, even up to the end she fought hard to stay and amazed Doctors by lasting 2 days more than they thought she could.

We have tons of good memories left of Grandma which will help us in the days, weeks, moths and years to come. I like to think that my Crafting abilities came from Grandma as she was always knitting or making things out of beads.

God Bless to Grandma, we love you!


16 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home