Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Effin Credit Card Companies!!!

I am going to go ape-s h i t!!

My credit card is cancelled!! WTF!!!!!!

I log into my account to set-up my bill payment for the month and it tells me that the card has been cancelled and a new one is on the way to be received in 10-14 days! WTF WTF WTF WTF

Breath in......Breath out.....Wax on......Wax off

Call the card company. Okay, talk to the guy. To paraphrase the conversation:

'Congratulations! As one of our top 5% of customers, you have been upgraded to a new level of cardholders. Your old card has been cancelled and a new one is on its way! This new card will have no spending limit, no over-limit fees, the ability to make two late payments a year and other added benefits'

"Yeah, great but I am not in America to receive this card, and nor will I be there for a few months"

'Oh......well, can you not have it mailed to you?'

"Well, Gee! Lets see here...I've been in 5 countries in 1 month. I'm in Brussels this week. Zurich next week and then who knows. Where should I have it mailed to?"

'Well, I am not authorised anyways to mail a card directly to you.'

"So you are saying that if I was travelling over here and lost my card and had it stoled i would be screwed until I returned to the US?"

'Well, ummmm......I don't know.'

"You don't know?"

'You would have to talk to a supervisor and there are none here right now. But trust me, this new card with the benefits will be great for you!'

"Can you not re-activate my old card & number since I never asked for the new card, have all my bill payments set up to it, can not receive the new card or number, and am basically screwed now without any way to purchase anything?"

'No, sorry! This new card has overwrote your old card number. Buts lets not forget that with your new card you'll have no spending limit, no over-limit fees, the ability to make two late payments a year and other added benefits which were not on your old card'

"Great thanks for your help. I'll be sure to spend and take advantage of that no limit when I am travelling in Switzerland next week...oh wait, thats right - I don't have a card! You have a wonderful day too sir"

Idiots!

1 comment:

Jenny Moore said...

Geez - I think I would have reached through the phone and strangled that bastard! Good thing you found out about it before you tried to use your card!