Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Its almost time for vacation!

I have to finish work today, then tomorrow and then its time for vacation! Woo hoo!!!

I am so excited about seeing my nephew and neices, especially the newest addition Abby! My older sisters two children are going to be fighting over who gets to have Aunt Kim sleep in their room - both are determined I think that I sleep in with them! I've also been informed that I get to take them both shopping.....imagine that! Andrew wants to go to Toy R Us and Target (not really sure why Target, but thats cool with me) and Megan just wants to go buy hair pretties. She also thinks a trip to the movies to eat popcorn and drink Root Beer sounds like a good idea!

I am still working on my trial run on the baby blanket that I am knitting - I am about 7 reapeats into the pattern of 25 repeats and so far it is looking good. I made a mistake on the first repeat as I was learning the pattern but it is barely noticeable so I did not choose to go back and frog it. I hope that I will be able to bring my needles on the plane with me so that I can get a few more repeats done. I switched from the aluminum needles to a pair of bamboo needles, so hopefully those will be allowed! I'll stick a crochet pattern in as well as a just in case since I've not had issues with my hooks going to America.

Spent a quiet night at home alone last night for a change. Meti was watching a football match with some friends and I spent the evening curled up on the couch re-reading a few old books. I'll meet Meti tonight probably - he asked to go for some drinks tonight after I get out of work.

Anyways it is now just under 2 days until I am on a plane out of here!

Its the final countdown........

7 comments:

Deneen said...

With all the traveling you do, I thought your life was a vacation!

Anonymous said...

You can stay with me and take me shopping! Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it.

LG said...

You deserve this vacation so much, Kimberly! Enjoy the time with your family! Have a nice and safe trip!

PS: Meti? Am I missing something? ;)

DixieRedHead said...

Hope you have a GREAT time! Enjoy urself!! U deserve it. Oh, and bring me back some chocolate.. *hubba hubba*

Kimberly said...

Deneen - I wish my life was a vacation...but with the traveling comes a ton of work.....its a great life but very tiring!

Wendy - Next time!! =)

Vik - Thanks so much...as for Meti...well thats another story =) One I've not posted yet obviously!

Stacey - Will see what I can do on the chocolate front!

Fruggs - The Belgian security folks are a little bit clueless, and don't have to follow TSA / Airline allowed items - they have their own dictatorship going on in the airport here and its basically a crap shoot if they will let items on or not! I argued with the Italians once and they ended up letting my take my hooks, but said it was illegal to crochet while in air....ummm...okay! lol

Mimi said...

Have a nice and safe trip, Kimberly, and enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation Kimberly!!! You must be your Neice and Nephew 's favourite aunt ,for them to want you to sleep in their room!!!!