Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And the year begins.....

With lots of travel and a snowflake!
 
I am in Zürich for a week, including staying over the weekend which will let me get in a day of skiing on Saturday.  I'm really excited about skiing and trying out my rusty skills before I go to France.
 
I am off to the French Alps the 24th for a week of zooming down the mountain.  I am hoping that I can get in some lessons again this year and improve on my very beginners skiing ability.  We are going to Les Menuiers which is part of the Trois Vallee region in France. 
 
Hopefully I will have a few more trips planned in Feb and March which will keep me busy.  I still do not know when I am moving back to the US - I am living one week at a time almost waiting to see what the job hunt turns up.
 
The first finished project in 2009 is a snowflake from a Spanish magazine I picked up in Argentina.  The pattern was charted which allowed me to easily complete it, although it took me a few minutes to figure out which symbols were which stitches.  I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get my camera downloaded to my computer.
 
I brought the Granny Blanket which I did not finish in the US in hopes of making more progress on it.  I hope to have it finished soon and mailed to my cousin back in the US for her baby girl.  I also brought a doily I am working on and the Spanish magazine in hopes of making a few more flakes from different patterns.
 
Happy Crafting!!
 

No comments: