The City of Crochet

Crocheting...an escape from everyday life in Europe as I face the perils of yarn shopping in a foreign country and dealing with all of the crazy looks I get for crocheting & knitting on the public transportation system.

[100 Things] [Places to Visit] Check out our Frappr!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm tired.

I am tired of working all of these hours. I am tired of things being piled on me because they know I can get it done. I am tired of listening to the guy above me stomp across the floor all night long (just what is he doing up there that causes him to stomp stomp stomp?). I am tired of lots of things. I am tired of travelling.

But travelling I do and a travelling I go.

Just back from Zurich and I was told today I have to be on a plane tomorrow morning at 9:35 and return Friday evening at 11pm. The destination is great, but the hours will stink - 8am starts, midnight+ finishes. All taking place in the wonderful city of Athens Greece!

I'm excited! I've not been back to Greece since my cruise there with my Aunt a few years ago. I just wish I had time to stay the weekend and relax a little bit but I really need to find the time to grocery shop and do laundry this weekend!

It looks like we might have a 45 minute walking tour of Athens one evening. I might get some pictures....otherwise I'll just recylcle pictures from my last trip there =) You'll never know right? *grin*

Before I forget, the linkage for the Ice Skate ornaments is HERE

I also came across the pattern for adorable mini stocking ornaments

I am off to get some work done, and then packing and perhaps a few starter loads of laundry....there is about 3 weeks worth of it piled up right now!

7 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 02, 2007 2:37:00 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    I hope you have time to relax and enjoy Athens :)

    Btw, the knitted mini stockings are so cute, and looks like a good pattern to learn to make a sock and to do fair isle...

     
  • At Wednesday, October 03, 2007 4:29:00 AM, Blogger Darlene said…

    Wow! And I thought I was busy.
    Have a safe enjoyable trip.
    What kind of work do you do?

    God Bless. Darlene

     
  • At Thursday, October 04, 2007 1:19:00 AM, Blogger ladylinoleum said…

    I know that of which you speak girlie. Traveling is exhausting and traveling for work seems more so. I have to do a nutty office to office tour this month and I am dreading my life on a plane. There will be knitting and crocheting while doing my duty though. Of this you can be sure.

     
  • At Friday, October 05, 2007 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Anita said…

    The traveling you do is so wonderful, but exhausting too I'm sure. You have quite a demanding schedule!

    I've yet to make an ice skate ornament, but pick up 6 jumbo paperclips from work, so plan to make some this weekend!

     
  • At Friday, October 05, 2007 2:11:00 AM, Blogger Vik said…

    {{{HUGS}}}
    I sincerely hope you had time for at least a city tour, dear Kim.
    BTW thanks for sharing the patterns! I keep all the ones you share in "my favorites"!

     
  • At Friday, October 05, 2007 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Angel said…

    I know exactly what you mean. I'm tired of a lot of things, too!

    Hopefully you're able to enjoy Athens at least some and will have things to share about it when you get home!

    I'm a novice knitter... those mini stockings... Oh I really wanta make'em!

     
  • At Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:59:00 PM, Blogger nannykim said…

    sorry--I asked for the skate pattern and you gave it!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home