Friday, January 26, 2007

Argentina.....part Uno

Okay, I finally have some time to write about my trip, but of course I am sure that I will not be able to give the trip the justice it deserves as it was an AMAZING vacation! I wish that I had been able to spend more time in Argentina and see more besides Buenos Aries....next visit, and yes, there will be a next visit!

After a fun quick visit to New York....where I went and visited Smileys Yarn, Rockefeller Center, and Barnes and Nobles (I ran out of reading material on the plane to the US). New York had lots of neat Christmas decorations around the town.





But of course Argentina had their decorations up....although for a Michigan girl, it seemed very strange to be seeing a Christmas tree when it was 90+ degrees outside and sunny!

Zori picked me up at the airport and after dropping off my suitcase....and taking a little nap, we ventured out for a walk along a river canal and my first (of what was to be many) tastes of Argentinian beef! Yumm yumm! We ended the first night in an internet cafe where Zori had to finish some work, so I sat and watched the movie CARS with no sound and Spanish subtitles....I learned what our grandparents / great-grandparents knew.....that one really does not need to hear (or read) to enjoy moving pictures! =)

The next morning was filled with sightseeing, including a visit to the cemetery where Evita is buried. I was briefly confused as to where I was while talking on the telephone...its seems oddly enough like I was in the UK, but the heat and sunshine quickly told me that I was not!

Lunch and the afternoon was spent at the Baxter Argentina Christmas party! The local team was kind enough to allow me to attend their party where we had a yummy lunch and then lots of dancing! I was able to meet several people that I have worked with in the past, but had never had the opportunity to meet in person! What great fun it was! We ended the evening going to a restaurant for drinks, appetizers and deserts with several colleagues.

While the days passed, plans were made for Tuesday....the yarn district and meeting Vik!

No comments: