Monday, April 02, 2007

On the road to recovery....

Many thanks to all of you for the get well wishes - they really meant a lot to me to read! I am starting to get better - I am now left with a plugged nose and a hacking cough.

My fever peaked at about 102°, which is for me the equivalent of 103° - my normal body temperature is not the 98.6 that we all have pounded into our heads, but right around 97.4 - 97.6 I'm a cold blooded type of girl I guess!

I did get my submission in on time on Friday, which meant that I had the WHOLE weekend off - no work, no e-mails, no text messages checking on progress......nada! The weather was nice, so I bundled up and went for several long walks with the boyfriend from my apartment into the center of Brussels. A nice walk, and the fresh air and exercise is helping me regain some equilibrium after working so much and then getting sick and still working.

On the Craft front, not a whole lot accomplished. This having a boyfriend does seem to limit the time that I can craft...for some odd reason he wants my attention to be on him and not my yarn.....go figure!

So to recap my list from almost 2 weeks ago that I wanted to get some items knocked off plus the addition of my other WIPs that I can think of:

Peach Doily *** No updates
Triangle Potholder * No updates
Monkey (1 of 2) ** No updates
Hat *** No updates
Sideways B-lace Scarf * Finished - need to get the pattern posted
Crazy Stitch Potholder ** 10 of 15 rounds
Cabbage Patch Bathing Suit * Finished!!!!!!!!
Baby Slippers * No updates
Doll Sweater *** No updates
Baby Blanket *** No updates
Blue Jean Bag *** No updates
Cross Stitch Wall Hanging ** No updates

* = small time required ** = moderate time required *** = large time required

I hope that having to keep re-typing this list will give me some incentive to start working on them.....soon

2 comments:

Pink said...

Glad you are feeling better, try to take it easy until you are properly recovered...easier said than done, I know.

Mimi said...

Nice walk, fresh air and exercise and with someone dear to you...how wonderful! Forget the WIPs ;)