Saturday, April 30, 2005

Ladies Craft Night

Tonight was my monthly "Ladies Craft Night" with the girls from work. We had a wonderful dinner at Genvieve's, and then it was on to crafts! We had two co-workers tonight who joined us, neither of whom do crafts, but after watching me teach Vanessa how to start a chain and build the stitchs for a simple dish cloth, they both were clamoring for me to teach them! Luckily I had a few extra hooks and skeins of yarn with me, so I showed them how to do the basics too! Their comments "This is sooooo cool" "Look at mine! I'm awesome" "This is addicting - its so much fun"! I was so happy that they took an interest in crocheting! Hopefully if I keep bringing in my projects to work, they will keep the interest up!

Really did not get anything of my own accomplished, but it was so much fun to watch and listen to them as they practiced and got better as the night progressed!

No comments: