Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Phone calls and knitting

I made a phone call yesterday and shocked a fellow blogger! Jennifer made a comment about knitting and holding the yarn in the right hand, and I grabbed the phone and gave her a random call up! She picked up her phone and I went "We're supposed to hold the yarn in our right hand when we knit??" to which she gave a very confused "Errr Yes" I finally gave in and let her know that it was me...was she surprised! We had a great chat - I think that this is the first time that I have talked to a fellow crocheter from C'ville on the phone! What great fun! I did have second thoughts about the call afterwards, but she has assured me that she does not think that I am a stalker!

I am about half way done with my dishcloth and half way done with my shawl. The knitting is coming along slowly....I think that I am holding the needles and yarn all wrong....I might need to put it aside until I go to Florida when my mum can show me....or at least she can show me once I have cast on for her! (Love ya Mom!!) But if I do that I won't be able to do the Knitting Olympics....I have just about convinced myself to do a project in tandem with Jennifer - the thought right now is to do the French Market Bag.....Vera sent me a link to another bag called the Booga Bag that I think is adorable! Oh the decisions that need to be made! (can you tell I have convinced myself to do the knitting Olympics? everyone has to start at some time!)

2 comments:

Vera said...

When I first learned to knit, I held the yarn in my left hand and knitted continental since I crochet with the yarn in my left hand. The problem was I couldn't teach myself to purl that way, so I switched to English or Throwing style (yarn in right hand), and I could knit and purl that way.

Perhaps one day, I will go back to Continental and learn to purl that way since it's a little faster, but I'm okay with they way I knit right now.

People will say that one way is better than another, but the best way is the one you are most comfortable.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on as seen on tv stores I somehow ended up on your page. As your site is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about as seen on tv stores, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.