Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Questions answered....

I have had several comments and e-mails lately around the same subject....my profile description!

I am currently living and working in Brussels, originally from Michigan in the USA. Staying in Belgium until the end of 2005 and then its off to destinations unknown....probably Chicago once again but you never know!


I really don't know when I am moving back. Its kinda hard to articulate (even to myself) my thoughts and feelings on what I should do next. I have been unhappy with my job, thats no secret. I have a meeting on January 13th in Zurich to decide the fate of the project I have been working on along with, I guess my fate! To go along with this I will be having my mid-year / year-end review all happening at the same time with my boss so more decisions will be made then!

I know that if I stayed in Belgium things would be very different. Zori is moving back to Argentina and Kim is scheduled to move to Zurich in January.

But if I did stay, it would have to be for a different job / different roles and responsibilities. I can not keep doing this data mining and analysis role - I'm way too over qualified for it but the only reason that I am the one doing it is because I am so darn good with the systems pulling out the needed data (being a computer minor in college I understand how to write queries and macros and code and even small programs)

I think that I should have several options that I can explore.

The first being stay in my current position but with a role change from one specific project to overall finance coordinator / analysis for all of the European projects which was what my role was to be in the beginning.

The second being that I move back to the US. I would need to talk to two of my former bosses, Stuart and Pablo to see if they have any open positions on their team / know of any open positions. With Stuart, the job would be in the Chicago area, and with Pablo it could be in Florida, Latin/South America or even the Asia/Pacific region! Not so sure on the non-US options if I would even consider those.

And the third that I look for a different position in Europe - potentially Zurich, doing either finance or looking at a non-finance role! Several possibilities floating about out there I do believe.

Of course, there is always the option that I throw the towel in and quit Baxter and move back to Michigan and look for a job there with a different company. This one is the least likely scenario to happen! I really do like Baxter, and I just can not see myself moving back to Muskegon and finding a job that would keep me happy..Grand Rapids perhaps.

I really do miss all of my family and friends which makes being away so hard. But at the same time, if I was living in the US, there is no way that I would be able to take the 2 weeks in March to go on holidays to Florida, spend 1 week at home in the summer and then 3 weeks over Christmas...plus the other holidays that I have taken! but on the other hand if I was back in Chicago, folks could come visit me on the weekend, and I could go to Michigan on the weekends as well.

Okay, I think that I am done rambling now. Those are my options, and I will wait and see in January which one is going to be my future! The one thing that I do know is that I can not stay with what I am doing now....I would go crazy!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my Daughter once again its going to come down to doing whats right for you, both emotionally and FINANCIALLY. Oh and CAREER wise. Get the best deal for YOU and make sure its a good one and that your going to be HAPPY with it. I will support you, but just remember my requirements not essential but nice. We'll talk when you get home I'm sure of that.

Jenny Moore said...

You're dad is right - whatever you decide to do needs to be what is best for you - not anyone else. That being said, that's one of the hardest decisions to make! Because of course, you want to make your friends and family happy too...Good luck making your decision. Hopefully one of the options will jump out at you and say "Pick me! Pick me!"

Anonymous said...

Good luck making your decision, they can be tough but also an adventure!

LadyLinoleum said...

It's great to have options girlie. You'll figure it out. One door closes and another opens, always.