Thursday, December 01, 2005

Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends

Welcome to the 2005 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!
Stolen from Lori's blog and Amy's Blog

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Egg nog….whats that? * grin * hot cocoa all the way!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Santa always wrap his presents….even the big ones

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

Colored light…the big old fashioned C-9s that suck up the electricity and cost a small fortune to light for the holiday period....hence the reason my father always gets a personal card from the electric company each year!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

In between the dining room and family room….have not caught anyone under it yet…..I did teach my niece last year (at 14 months) to say “mis-toe” and when you asked her where it was she would go point at it!

5. When do you put your decorations up?

Thanksgiving time, although Christmas lights are started earlier due to the wish to avoid putting them up in a blizzard and falling off the roof!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Cheesey hashbrown potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Walking into Christmas Eve mass with no snow anywhere and praying super hard for some during the whole mass, only to walk out after mass had ended to find snow falling down and covering everything!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

First grade, a slumber party at Colleen Fitzgerald house….I don’t even remember her as I have not seen her in probably 20 years, but I still remember it was at her house!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

We always open gifts that we are exchanging with our best friends who have come over for Christmas Eve mass and breakfast

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?

Thumbprints and Cut-Out cookies….with carrots left out for the reindeers of course

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

Have to love it!!! Although I would enjoy it more if it only fell on the trees, bushes and grass and left the sidewalks and streets bare

12. Can you ice skate?

I can indeed….its not always the prettiest, but I can manage to stay up on them!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Ooooh….probably the Barbie motor-home

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Spending time with family and friends

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Peppermint Oreo Dessert

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Christmas Eve……we always go to mass on Christmas Eve – my family and my friend Stormy’s family and then go back to my Parents for Christmas Eve breakfast, an old French tradition. We usually have waffles, eggs, cheesy hashbrowns, breads and for desert Peppermint Oreo ice cream dessert. This is usually accompanied by Verdi (a yummy, but cheap sparkling wine) and followed occasionally a shot or two when Grandma is not looking. Presents are exchanged and opened and the evening is rounded out with an exciting, and often blood letting game of Spoons….we play cut throat, anything goes but breaking the china hutch and chandelier type of spoons!

17. What tops your tree?

I received a Santa topper from my parents for my tree that is sitting in storage somewhere!

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?

I actually love to give more than receive, although that is close call there! I love seeing peoples reactions to their presents and am usually impatiently waiting them to get to mine.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
I have a few favorites:
Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow (Mom, I’ve started singing it…hows your snow forecast looking?)
No Place Like Home for the Holidays
Fairytale in NewYork by the Pogues (kinda odd, but have to love a Christmas song that says “you scumbag, you maggot” and sings about drunks in the slammer…..bizarre, strange, and highly entertaining in a way that is wrong on so many levels)

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

Yummy!!! I love candy canes in hot cocoa as well!

2 comments:

AmyS (Crochetville) said...

Hi, Kimberly! I enjoyed your answers. I wonder how long it will take this to make its way around the Crochetville blogs???

LadyLinoleum said...

Fun! I'm going to do this too!