Thursday, February 09, 2006

Check it out.....100 Things About Me

Well now, I am sure that ALL of you have wanted to know about little ole moi! Over a process of several weeks (I'm really slow) I have compiled a list of 100 different (at least I hope I managed to make each one different with no repeats) little factoids about moi! Have you ever actually sat down and tried to write 100 things about yourself? Not as easy as it sounds let me tell you!

Here is the link to my list: http://landofkimberly.blogspot.com/2006/02/100-things-about-me.html

Some of the highlights in case you don't feel like clicking over to view it:

15. I sang in the Miss Michigan pageant (not as a contestant)
19. It is impossible for me to roll my tongue
36. I was a tour guide on Mackinac Island
38. I had never left the US beside Canada before I moved to Ireland
51. I can not sing in tune
68. My knuckles and knees are scarred from flipping over the handle bars of my bike
78. I have gone deep-sea fishing off the Florida Keys
87. I dream of someday living on a ranch / farm in the western part of the US
100. My favorite quote: “Fate chooses our relatives, we choose our friends” (choose wrong and you can’t blame fate!)

Notice anything odd and contradictory about two of the entries above? That's right!!! I can not sing in tune and yet I sang in the Miss Michigan Pageant! Go figure LOL! Actually I was part of a group of about 15 Girl Scouts who sang along with the previous years winner a song call "We Change The World" it was great fun and very exciting to be up on the stage looking out at all of the audience!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I have a free two hours or more I'll go thru your list. lol Let us not forget we choose not our parents nor our hereditary traits. Hence your Beautiful Big BROWN eyes and inability to roll your tongue. Hell but that never stopped you from sticking it out at me?? Go figure. Fathers duty is to keep their Daughters Grounded.

Kimberly said...

BUT DAD!!!! My sisters can both roll their tongues. My mother. My maternal grandparents. ALL of my cousins. My Aunt and Uncles. My neice and nephew. My friends. WHY NOT ME???? I must have gotten a reject gene! But wait...who is not in the above list...I do believe it is ALL YOUR fault!

LinknKnits said...

Very neat about #77! I walked across the Mackinaw Bridge... not quite the same thing!

And I completey agree about Valentine's Day. Blech! My husband and I just ignore it (and only partly because our wedding anniversary is 2/26!). Good luck on your hiding out tactics!

LinknKnits said...

Egad! I spelled Mackinac Bridge wrong! What type of Michigander am I??? :-)

Kimberly said...

Lol! The issue that folks have is that it is Mackinac Bridge, which bridges the Straits of Mackinac, connecting Mackinaw City to St.Ignace and overlooks Mackinac Island. You got that one little W in the city which messes everyone up! Add in that it is pronounced MACK-in-aw, you have more confusion! And lets not forget the original fort on the mainland, Fort Michilimackinac!

sara said...

oh i'm jealous! I could never think of 100 things about myself!