Friday, September 16, 2005

OMG...I am in LOVE!!!!





I am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I always thought that it would be with someone about 6'2, blondish hair, bluish eyes...but nope, I am in utter and complete love with Knitpicks! Have you checked them out? Perhaps I just missed them and their glorious wonderful fibers. The only stumbling block in our relationship is their lack of postage to international destinations.....I can over come that one...I'll move back just for KnitPicks! *grin*

So, I am absolutely drooling over some of the following (go check their complete line out for yourself....in comparison to the prices that I pay here....wow!!! Cheap!!!!)

First up is Gossamer....The colorways are awesome. Sweet Peas, Sunrise and Blue Jeans are my favorites....lets not forget Leprechaun! lol At 3.79 for a 440 yard hank.....of pure 100% merino wool *drool*

Moving on is Wool of The Andes Seems to me this would be perfect for kool-aid dying as well as felting purposes!

And lets not forget Shimmer I am lusting after Grape Hyacinth and Stained Glass! :)

My final opinion....moving back to the US just might put all of the money I've managed to save over the past 5 years of working at risk.....I really don't need to buy a house do I???

Have any of you ordered from them? Able to give me any feedbacks on their yarns? Merci beaucoup mes amis!! Bon weekend!!

Note: I've been asked to go to Darmstadt Germany tomorrow.....not sure how I can fit that one in with my current plans....he is getting sent to Iraq though.....last chance before he leaves since my parents will be here....oh the decisions one is forced to make.....my best friend or a guy.....lord, I guess I am staying in Brussels! :)

8 comments:

Deneen said...

Kimberly, I have been drooling for months and now I am on a serious yarn diet. I may ask hubby for a gift cert for X-mas, but he hates my "suggestions". I have heard nothing but rave reviews, I love the colorway of the Shimmer.

Anonymous said...

Oh Knitpicks. Good thing there is enough to go around because I'm in love too. Deneen and I are in absolute torture over their yarns. I have yet to order, but I can't hold out much longer. I really can't.

hi, i'm natalie said...

Love them. I haven't actually oredered for myself from them, but I was gifted with some of their yarn - it came quick, was packaged nicely, and is oh so yummy!! PLus, I've nothing but good reviews from others who've shopped from them. :)

Megan said...

I pretty much only use Knitipicks yarn; the Andean Silk is probably my fave, although I used some of the Decadence and the Panache has to be made into a scarf, 'cause it's one yarn I *want* touching my skin. I'm using Gossamer for a lace scarf right now, it's on my blog, and the Wool of the Andes dyes wonderfully with Kool Aid, although they introduced so many great new colors that I'll probably just order those next time.

Sorry if I sound like an ad, but their yarn is fantastic. I just ordered some of the Shimmer and the alpaca laceweight yarn for myself, and the Shine (cotton) is also really nice, it's turning into a sweater soon. And I think that's all I've tried, really! I just go to get what I need, and then I tell myself, oooh, only two more skeins to free shipping....

Jessica said...

I'm trying to get Knitpicks to agree to let me pick up my yarn from their warehouse, since it's only a few miles away. If I'm going to pay sales tax, I don't want to have to pay shipping, too!

Anonymous said...

So cool! I just placed an order with them! I'll let ya know how it goes. :)

Anonymous said...

You're dangerous for me! So much for saving money for furniture...

~SP

Anonymous said...

By the way - I now have $113.00 worth of yarn on my wish list at Knitpicks. And only some of it is for a full project. The rest are just yarns and colors I thought were neat and I only put 1 down for qty. You know when I find the perfect project for those yarns that the price will only just go up. Yikes!

~SP