Tuesday, September 27, 2005

When to start 'throwing my toys out of the pram'?

Okay, question for you all - When do I start 'throwing my toys out of the pram' as my former boss Ian would say? I like to play fair and try not to be confrontational - I am rather an easy going laid back person. Except when I feel that I have been cheated, scammed, taken advantage of etc etc etc

Way back at the end of July / beg of August I saw someone at a site I belong to (not naming it, but I am sure y'all can figure it out) posting that she had some patterns for sale. A few of them looked interesting, so I sent her a message asking about them and the final cost incld postage. We came to an agreement and I posted a paypal pmt to her which she received. She sent me a message back on August 5th:

Got the payment... will ship soon as it posts to my account. It says 3-5 business days but rarely takes that long. I would say probably Monday or Tuesday.

I have your US address so will ship to that.

Thanks!!

And that has been it. No news from her on the actual mailing, nada zip zilch. I've sent her two PMs one on the 31st of August which she never answered and one again today. Both messages have been very nice messages asking her for information on the mailing. When should I start to get bitchy here? She has posted a few times on her blog and has been to the forum but has not posted anything since the end of August.

Lost cause? Or should I start being a little bit more vocal which, when I need to be, I am VERY good at doing!

Okay, off home to pack for the flight to Rome tomorrow morning! Here is keeping my fingers crossed that I find a nice yarn shop in Rome to spend a little bit of moolah in!

UPDATE: Following the advice of Jessica & Regina, I went over to the blog to leave a message. On her most recent post there is a message also from someone else inquiring as to where her pattern is! I guess I am not the only one! I did leave a nice little message - I was very polite!

Just checking in to make sure that all is still going well! I hope that you will be able to get the patterns that I bought from you in the mail soon!! Merci!!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Why not leave a nice, polite comment on her blog? It could be that she never checks her PMs, but I bet a comment on her blog would get her attention! :)

LadyLinoleum said...

I'm with Jessica.

Buying yarn in Rome...awesome Kimberly!

Mimi said...

Hi Kimberly! I dont want to add to your disappointment but seems to me she's not at all nice to be doing that. If you want to go public on this, I'm going to post it also on my blog, just tell me everything... *hugs*

CraftyCritter said...

Well that sux!
Hope it works out! I sent someone a $38.50 m.o. and just got notice she received it today! And its been a while! Nerve racking!
Wonder if it's the same person?

Vera said...

I think you doing the right thing, but if she doesn't respond by the end of the week, amke it public. I certainly don't want to send her money.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think I may know who your talking about! I had just gotten a pm from someone else saying she hasnt' heard from her in long time either. If it's who I think it is, I have bought some patterns from her and received them really quickly. I hope she's ok and something's not majorly wrong.

And if you don't get your patterns, and you think you've waited long enough for them, and she still hasn't responded, you can always go back to Paypal and request a refund. They tend to benefit the buyers more so than the sellers - and I know from experience in being a seller (I even had a tracking number saying it was delivered and they still gave a refund to the buyer). So, just another option so that you're not stuck with paying for something you never received.

OK, that's just my 2 cents. Sorry for the rambling!

~SP

Anonymous said...

Hmm. That really stinks. You don't have her email addresss? I would leave a comment on her blog, but if you don't hear from her soon, I would probably go public with it. If nothing else, it will get her attention and then you will know if it is intentional or not. Hope it all works out ok :)

LG said...

I can't believe what happened.
First of all I would ask her if she is sick or if she had a personal problem... I would leave a comment on her blog every day, later with BIG LETTERS... and then I would tell who she is in my blog... I hope she appears back soon!!!

CraftyCritter said...

Have you heard anything about your purchase?
Curiousity is killing ME! I'M MELTING, I'M MELTING!

I am awaiting mine as well..maybe from the same seller who knows?

Psssst you can whisper the name I won't tell.....