Monday, September 12, 2005

Photos, photos and more photos!

Today was a good mail day! I received at work my stitch markers from Kimberly - they are knitting stitch markers - the first that I have had! Also when I got home, waiting for me in my mail box was a Postcrossing Postcard.....from....you'll never believe this one.....Swapna!! Out of all of the Postcrossing members, Swapna randomly received my name to send a post card to! Check out my mail goodies:





As requested by Cordelia, here are the pictures from my trip to Stockholm (along with some Kimberly commentary - did you think that I would not have any comments???)

First up - the wool shop: When I asked the store owner if I could take a picture, her comment "Of What??" when I said the wool she looked at me like I was crazy and said OK!

Next: A shot of the harbor - notice the blue skies - it was sunny and warm the whole time we were there! I think that we brought the good weather from Brussels with us! The second picture is St. George slaying the dragon!




Next - the back of the Vasa - very hard to see, but the wood working and detail is amazing! To think that this was under the water buried in mud for over 300 years!


A shot of me and Zori sitting outside of the museum enjoying the sunshine!


I love the effect of the sun and the clouds in this picture - very cool!


Telephone call.....what was that score to the ND versus Michigan Game????? What??? We won??? Woo hoo!!!


And finally...the biggest let down of my whole trip! I practically jumped up and down when I saw this store:

Only to receive the biggest disappointment when, upon entering I found out that they did not have Slurpees....nor did the other one hundred 7 Elevens that seemed to be on every corner taunting me!

9 comments:

MrsFife said...

Hey, it's good to have you back! Nice photos, I especially like the cloudy one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmer,
Sorry about the text messages concerning the ND v MI game scores. Thought we would have some fun and not give you the whole score at one time. My idea BUT Dad sent them. tehe.
Love ya,
Mom 10 days to go!!!

CraftyCritter said...

Kimberly! Thanx for the pictures! Do you think I use enough of these!!!!! when I type? I dont even talk excited in real life...odd!!!! LOL

CraftyCritter said...

I forgot to ask, did you buy any wool?

Anonymous said...

Ok, are you talking about Michigan or Michigan State?
A 7-11 and no slurpees? What the hell is that about? That is just...wrong...just pure mean-ness. They ought to be punished.
Awesome pictures. So great. I'm drooling over the yarn store.

hi, i'm natalie said...

The ND game was against MI, I believe...

I seriously can't believe that there exists a 7-11 w/o Slurpees. That's so so wrong...

And thanks for sharing pics! I love travelling thru someone else!!

Mimi said...

That's a very nice pic of you and Zori sitting there outside! And the pic of you at the antique telephone booth, so cool...I like it so much!

Oslofia said...

Wow...looks like you had a great time visiting Stockholm. Great pics =)

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great! Looks like much fun was had. I would love to see that ship in person! Gonna have to add Stolkholm to my places to visit list!

~SP