Thursday, July 07, 2005

Another day of pain....

The hatred in this world often overwhelms me. I can only shake my head in disbelief everytime I open up the news. The bombings....kidnappings....murders.... all done in the name of Religion.....what GOD wants their followers to kill others? I did a report in high school on Terrorism and one quote sticks out in my mind (kinda para-phrasing as its been several years) "The greatest common threat in the world today is neither the H-Bomb nor the Atomic Weapons.....it is mans eternal desire to be free." As long as people feel they are oppressed they will strike out at those who they feel are causing their oppression in a plea for attention and relief, but little do they realize that often the reason they are being oppressed is because of actions exactly like the one they are taking! Why can't we all just get along and play nicely?

Just my take and ramblings on events today - my thoughts and prayers go out to those injured for a quick recovery and also to the family and friends of those injured and killed.

3 comments:

Deneen said...

A friend of mine has been in the US for 25 years now, but was raised in Iran. At age 10, they are "enlisted" in the army there and are trained to "hate Americans" and their allies. They are not allowed to show anything but hatred for us or they and their families with be killed.

It's sad really and my heart goes out to those in England.

LadyLinoleum said...

Nicely said.

Anonymous said...

I hardly ever watch the news anymore because it hurts my heart, and makes me angry to see all the pain and hurt in the world. I don't understand it.