Tuesday, July 05, 2005

No more radio........

What a welcome back to work! My company just announced new internet policies...these include no steaming of internet radio. Okay, I really do not mind living in Europe, but one thing that I seriously miss is listening to American radio. I like to listen to a really eclectic mix – my personal CDs range from Edith Pilaf to Eminem and Mozart to Toby Keith – in all it’s a weird collection. For the most part, I can listen here to all of the popular music via the Belgian Radio stations and MTV. The one type of music that I can not listen to is Country! There is one random station here that will occasionally play the older country from the 60s and 70s, but that is not what I am looking for usually. I turned to the internet and internet streaming of various country stations and channels….now what am I supposed to listen to??? Theres also been rumours of them turning off external internet access, severely limiting and monitoring the sites we are allowed to go to, limiting certain sites during main working hours (i.e. it would be impossible to check your home e-mail between 9 and 5!) Argh! Only my company!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that stinks.

It's not just your company, though. I have a friend who works for those Harley-Davidson, and they have a policy much like the restrictive one you described. Those rebellious Harley-Davidsone people! (<--said way full of irony...)