Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Secret Pal and more....

My wonderful secret pal has surprised me again (I still do not know who she is...she is being very sneaky!!) I received my mail that was being held for me while I was gone and had a nice little surprise from her. Here is what she sent to me to brighten up this rainy dreary day:

Secret Pal 3

She sent a wonderful craft booklet that has a pattern for a really cute tank top (I mentioned to her once that I would like to make a wearable, possibly a tank top - I think that I already have the yarn I want to use picked out from my stash) a post card from South Dakota and 3 different teas - can not wait to try all of them to see which I like best!! Thank you so very much! You are wonderful! My Secret Pal also let it be known that she is sending out her reveal package this week, so, depending on the time of mailing to Belgium, I should be receiving it in the next 2 weeks or so - can not wait to find out who you are! You've been absolutely great and have put huge smiles on my face!

As I mentioned, I did a little bit of shopping while I was home in the States. Here are some of the goodies that I picked up:

Crochet & Knitting BooksPattern Group 1Pattern Group 2

In order: 1) Garden of Afghans, Cool Crochet, Knitting Without Tears and Cozy Crochet 2)Casserole Carriers, Painted Doilies and Hooked on Fish 3) Beautiful Blossum Afghand and Hug-A-Bugs

As Wednesdays is WIP day, here is my latest attempt at crocheting:
Work in Progress

What is it you ask? Once completed it should be a chipmunk....but we will have to wait and see how it goes! It is working up fairly quickly and easily so far and will be my first item completed for the Amigurumi-Along that I am particpating in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked your little package!

And I bet your chipmunk turns out adorable. I can't wait to see it!

LadyLinoleum said...

I need to pick something for Amigurumi Along too...not so easy. The chipmunk will be cool!

Deneen said...

I decided I would love to sign up for the Amigurumi along. Any idea where I can get some patterns :p.

Deneen said...

I decided I would love to sign up for the Amigurumi along. Any idea where I can get some patterns :p.