Sunday, July 31, 2005

Rain, rain go away

It is raining....again. I don't mean those nice little summer rain showers, I mean full out downpour....for the third day in a row! We even have had thunder and lightning showers which are unheard of here in Belgium! Not sure why, but in two + years, this is only the second time that I can remember thunder and lightning! Add to that the torrential downpours, and its not a lot of fun!

And of course I had plans to go out all weekend! Went to dinner with friends on Friday night where I managed to fall flat on my back while walking to the restaurant! It was not a graceful fall - it was with flaying arms and legs! This was of course after I slid across my hardwood floors and wrenched my bad ankle! Needless to say I am on a self prescribed advil diet right now to take down the swelling and pain! My hip is sore and my ankle is tight, but I don't think any major damage!

Saturday I went to Ikea - ugh - again in the rain. Not a lot of fun since its a 5 minute walk to Ikea from the metro stop! Got into a fight while in line. My friend Zori had her stuff on the line first, so I helped her bag it up. She paid, and I turned around to get my stuff, only to have the two French jerks who were BEHIND me in line start thrusting their papers at the cashier so she would help them...umm, hell no! I did not wait in line 25 minutes to have you hold me up even longer. So I interrupted "Excuse-moi, mais je suis premiere" (Excuse me, but I was first) At which the French guys started yelling at me and telling me off...ummm...okay - why? You know that you were behind me, there is no reason that you should be mad at me for wanting to go before you....jerks!

I have done absolutely zilch on the crochet front this weekend! My current snowflake sits abandoned on my coffee table. Once I get my dishes done I'll think about starting back on it...Then again I do have the entire first season of the Dukes of Hazard waiting to be watched! My Dad was a darling and let me bring his set back with me...I've been waiting for the right day to watch them.....as its raining like mad, I think that it is a great day to start!!

Have a Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Blech! You rest and heal up. Other stuff can wait!

Anonymous said...

Jessica is right. Just rest and heal. I normally like a good rain, but 3 days nonstop would have me going buggers, too.

CraftyCritter said...

wow....falling, poor Kimberly! I hope you heal fast and well!

And holy moley is this the week for jerkolahs or what? Rude people suck. There are holidays for everything, don't you think a "creep free day" could be made as a international holiday?

Anonymous said...

Ok, now that I know what happened. That sucks. At least you didn't break anything right??? Those jerks need a lesson in respect. DUKES OF HAZZARD!!!! I am so jealous. I LOVED them. I wanted to be Daisy Duke. That's on my wish list and I believe I can talk dh into it by Christmas time! Have fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now that I know what happened. That sucks. At least you didn't break anything right??? Those jerks need a lesson in respect. DUKES OF HAZZARD!!!! I am so jealous. I LOVED them. I wanted to be Daisy Duke. That's on my wish list and I believe I can talk dh into it by Christmas time! Have fun!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.